Orthopedic doctors in the TriCities area
When you have pain in your muscles, bones or joints, it can keep you from doing the activities you love. Get back to your active lifestyle with advanced orthopedic and spine care from the leading doctors and surgeons at John Randolph Medical Center.
To schedule an appointment with our orthopedic specialists, please call us at (804) 320-3627.
Comprehensive orthopedic care
John Randolph is here for all your orthopedic and joint care needs, from injury to disease. Patients choose us for:
- Programs accredited by The Joint Commission. Our total hip replacement and knee replacement programs earned The Gold Seal of Approval® by The Joint Commission—the nation’s leading authority on quality care, outcomes and continuous improvement.
- Care in a full-service hospital. If you need surgery, it is at a hospital with all the services and amenities you need for a comfortable recovery.
- Fellowship-trained specialists. Your care comes from board-certified doctors, specially trained in orthopedics, orthopedic surgery, sports medicine and neurosurgery. Many of our doctors are also fellowship trained in their field.
- Comprehensive care you deserve, all in one place. We offer a variety of diagnostic services to evaluate and diagnose orthopedic conditions at the earliest stages. Our hospital also offers both inpatient and outpatient orthopedic rehabilitation services. This means you can get diagnostics, treatment and therapy in one place, from one team.
- A compassionate team committed to your health. You benefit from a team of doctors, surgeons, nurses, physical therapists and other specialists and professionals dedicated to helping you get better faster.
Orthopedic conditions we treat
Our team is experienced in diagnosing even the most complex orthopedic conditions. We work closely with you to get you back to living life to the fullest.
The orthopedic and spine team at John Randolph treats a wide range of orthopedic conditions including:
- Arthritis pain
- Bone spurs
- Broken bones
- Impingement (pinched nerve)
- Muscle strains or sprains
- Overuse or repetitive stress injury
- Tendon and cartilage injury
- Trauma injury
- Neck and back injury
- Foot and ankle injuries
- Hand, wrist and upper extremity injuries
- Sports-related injuries
When to go the ER for orthopedic injuries
If you or your loved one experiences an orthopedic injury, it is important to know whether you need immediate medical treatment. You should visit the emergency room if you or your loved one are experiencing the following symptoms:
- A deep cut
- A spinal injury
- Excessive bleeding from a cut or injury
- Head trauma
- A broken bone that bulges from the skin or at an angle
Innovative orthopedic surgery and treatment
Using the most innovative combination of surgical and nonsurgical approaches—including rehabilitation, pain management programs and interventional procedures—we customize a treatment plan to your lifestyle and recovery goals.
When surgery is needed, we offer advanced, minimally invasive techniques to help you get back on your feet sooner, with less pain. Additionally, we offer services that will help you get back to the activities that you love. Our orthopedic treatments include:
- Casting and splinting
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Rotator cuff repair
- Speech and swallowing therapy