Knee anthroplasty services in Hopewell, Virgina
Knee replacement surgery at a full-service hospital gives you access to comprehensive care. We offer total knee care with a personalized plan that addresses your pain and lifestyle. Our care continues throughout surgery and into recovery, including rehabilitation with an experienced team dedicated to your health.
To schedule an appointment with our knee and joint specialists, call us at (804) 320-3627.
Relieving knee pain
Knee replacement surgery (knee arthroplasty) relieves pain and restores joint function. It involves resurfacing or capping the ends of the bones damaged by arthritis or injury with a prosthetic (artificial) implant made from metal and plastic.
We use minimally invasive techniques with customized implant solutions for better fit, faster recovery and enhanced function.
Candidates for knee replacement surgery
You may be a candidate for knee replacement surgery if you:
- Experience knee pain with activity
- Feel pain even while resting
- Wake up during the night due to knee pain
- Have difficulty sitting, climbing stairs or bending down
- Tried other treatments, such as diet, exercise and medications, without success
The best choice for knee replacement in the TriCities area
John Randolph offers a collaborative approach for your personalized joint care. Our surgeons, nurses, physical therapists and other professionals work together for your total wellness. Patients choose us for:
- Excellent joint replacement outcomes: Our total knee replacement patients spend less time in the hospital after surgery—an average of one to two days for hip and two to three days for knee—and back to activities faster.
- Care throughout the journey: We are here every step of the way with case management and care coordination customized to your needs.
- Specialized programs before and after surgery: We offer inpatient and outpatient physical therapy, rehabilitation services and pain management programs all under one roof.
- Fellowship-trained, board-certified orthopedic specialists: Your care comes from board-certified doctors and orthopedic surgeons. Most of our doctors are also fellowship trained in their field.
Additionally, John Randolph Medical Center earned The Gold Seal of Approval® by The Joint Commission, which means our commitment to quality care and safety exceeds stringent national standards for knee replacement surgeries and services.
Types of knee replacement surgery we offer
We offer options to meet your lifestyle goals including:
- Total knee replacement (knee arthroplasty): This procedure involves all three bones (thigh, shin and kneecap) that form the knee joint. Implants vary depending on your weight, size and activity level.
- Partial knee replacement: When damage is limited to a portion of the knee (inside, outside or front), we can spare healthy tissue and bone in a less invasive procedure. Partial knee replacement is also called knee resurfacing.